Quick start guide
Newly elected in the Works Council
Discover the power of the Works Council and your potential contribution as a new player. In this course, we give you access to the world behind the rules of the Works Councils Act. You discover how to use these rules as a guide to good consultation. This helps you to take your first steps to successful employee participation.
Dutch Works Councils
We discuss the position of the Works Council in decision-making. You get to know the main features of the Dutch Works Councils Act (WCA/WOR) and find your way in the regulations. Thanks to the practical setup, you will develop the flexibility to apply your new knowledge directly within your own organisation.
The trainer starts each part with a substantive introduction. There is room for discussion and all your own questions and issues. We will take time to do a lot of practical exercises. During the course, this can immediately be applied within the perspective of your own organization.
- you understand the purpose of the Works Councils Act
- you understand the most important articles from the Works Council Act
- you know the difference between the right of advice, consent and initiative
- you know the main powers of the Works Council
- you know the position of the Works Council concerning the director and your constituents
- you are aware of the basic principles of good consultation
- you know how a Works Council can provide added value
Does this training contain elements that are interesting for your entire Works Council? We can also offer all our individual training courses as tailor-made training for the entire Works Council!
Please let us know if you can’t make it on one of the scheduled dates. If there are enough participants, we will schedule an extra date.